T he McCann Funeral Home opened its doors in 1937 in Gloucester City, New Jersey. Established by brothers Walter and John McCann, the funeral home was located at 851 Monmouth Street (at Brown Street). Walter and John established the funeral home in response to the community’s growing need for compassionate and caring service. The McCann Funeral Home was originally built as a doctor’s office for Dr. Haley, a physician in Gloucester City. The building is a Victorian-style home with three floors and beautiful bay windows on Brown and Monmouth Streets.
In the mid-1960’s, both Walter and John McCann passed away and the business was purchased by Rosemary and Gerald Healey. The Healey’s were from Haddon Heights; they soon made Gloucester City their home. Gerald Healey’s father, John A. Healey, owned and operated a funeral home in Haddon Heights. John A. Healey was the Freeholder Director in Camden County and was active in Democratic politics. The Healey family began their funeral businesses in 1904 in South Philadelphia. The family operated two funeral homes across the river until the mid-1930’s, when they moved to Haddon Heights.
Rosemary and the late Gerald Healey’s sons, Patrick J. and John A. Healey, IV are now providing their services to families. The fourth generation of Healey’s realizes each and every day the traditions and commitments that their great-grand uncle began in 1904, and how their grandfather and fathers continued to help people who suffered the loss of a loved one. The Healey's are committed to remaining in the family business for many more years while serving those in need with compassion and care.
NOTE: Rosemary R. Healey and Patrick J. Healey are unlicensed and not qualified to make funeral arrangements, embalm, or conduct funerals.
"The Healey Family is in our fourth generation of compassionate, dignified, and caring service to the community."